Log in to the online community

Want to post a reply? You'll need to log in
Engineering Technician (EngTech) also registered Electrician or Registered Electrical Worker (REW)?
Philip Wu
19 Posts
Hello I like to know the register Engineering Technician (Electrical) also automatic be registered Electrician Part P or ECS Gold card? Does IET be one of the authority to qualify Electrician? Thank you! Philip Wu
1 Replies
47 Posts
Hi Philip

They are three different things really.
First I suggest you apply for Electrician Eng Tech via the IET (I see you are already a member)
ECS Gold Cards are issued via the ECS (Electrotechnical Certification Scheme) google to find that.
Part P is for people engaged in electrical installation (domestic) who wish to self certify work without applying to building control.
As I said, three different processes, all requiring similar qualifications and experience.
There is no REW as such in the UK. The nearest thing would be the ECS scheme probably.



Log in

Want to post a reply? You'll need to log in