This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Best buy Multi Function Tester

Hi All,

I'm looking to expand my current electrical/mechanical service role to include inspection and testing, this year I will be sitting the appropriate qualifications.

Bit of an impossible question I suppose but what is the best buy MFT?

Do you need to spend a fortune, are you just paying for a name, do they all do the same thing...??

My current test equipment is all Fluke but there MFTs seem to be more pricey than say Megger or Kewtech?

Any info much appreciated or any links to previous discussions.

• This may get more responses from folk who use MFTs if you repost in the wiring forum.

I cannot help , my kit is all discrete meters, and none of it is less than a decade old, except the probes.
  • Like Mike, my kit comprises of 'separetes'. I don't like MFTs because if you lose one test function you lose the lot.

At least you get some proving work done if only one of your seperate instruments throws a hissy fit and goes down at a vital moment.

I also don't like the tactile button controls on the newer stuff because it is frequently the 1st pt of failure.

I'd sooner have good chunky positive action knobs and buttons any day.
  • Ah, thanks.

I've copied to the Wiring section.