This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Information on Starting an Engineering Business

Hello,

I have been thinking about how to start my own company, which I envision offering engineering support, and data management services.

I think it would start as a solo endeavour, I am sure there are projects out there which are manageable. I am not sure how to learn more about how to win work in this industry, or in general. There are some events in my local area, but places are limited to established companies.

I understand how to create a company, and I have a clear idea of the kind of work I can do for people, however it's not clear to me how to proceed from there.

I have looked at how my employer and similar companies put contracts out. I can't see these projects until I register with a VAT number.

Is it possible to conduct further research without having to pay to found a company?

Thanks in Advance.

• If you are about to start a business, debating and asking yourself or those around you when should you start a company? Should you run the business in the status of a Company Limited or an Authorized Dealer and consider moving from an Authorized Dealer to Company Inc., you will probably receive conflicting answers from various parties, sometimes even regardless of your business situation. You've probably heard that this company is a mess, you must have been told you are too small to start a company, maybe you were also told that running a company requires dual accounting and other concepts that you are not sure you understand by the end. Surprised, the accountants and consultants also know how to give a clear answer when the line between the economic viability of being self-employed in the status of a licensed dealership is worthwhile. So who knows? only you! You must know the advantages and disadvantages of any status, independent or company, know the nature of your business, the opportunities for economic growth, the difficulties and the risks to make the right decision. You are allowed (even desirable) to consult, but only you alone will know when to start a company Ltd. But after you have learned the subject well. Where can you get great, comprehensive and professional information to help you decide? Here it is, in this article, good luck!
  • I have run my own company for many years and I have found the single most difficult thing is understanding marketing.  All the mechanistic aspects of running a business can be objectively broken down, but marketing goes into the realms of the subjective perception of value.  This relies on a study of psychology among other things.  As an overall guide all of Richard Branson's books are informative and helpful.

Stephen