This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Build a Sensor Challenge - Can you build an advanced magnetic coil system for less than US$500?

Build a Sensorimage Challenge

Can you build an advanced magnetic coil system for less than US$500?

Electromagnetic coils are electrical conductors in the shape of coils, spirals or helices that have found tremendous success and are now ubiquitous to many of our modern world technologies and products. Currently, they can be found in generators, electric motors, inductive sensor coils, and many other instruments/equipment, with a wide range of industrial applications.

Induction sensor coils are used for exploration, underground water mapping, or carbon dioxide sequestration.

Despite their widespread use and popularity, their cost is still high and being able to build a low cost magnetic coil system remains a great Challenge.

Therefore, we are challenging global innovators to come up with novel and creative coil designs with range of 10,000 Hz to 10,000 seconds that can be manufactured at lower cost than current manufacturing processes.

If you think you have the solution to this exciting undertaking, please register to see the full specifications of the Challenge and to access a chance to win US$10,000 (including any local taxes in your home country) plus an all expenses invitation to attend a conference to speak about your winning solution.

Go to https://sensor.innovationchallenge.com and find out more information.

• I'm not impressed that I would have to sign up just to find out what the challenge really is.

I suspect the people behind it are looking for a very cheap way to get consultants to work for them.  Lots of people spend time working on it, but they only have to pay one of them.
  • Hi Simon, yes it is a competition. 

The only reason that some of the technical information is behind some terms and conditions to deal with confidentially etc.

This is about technical ideas only

Hope this helps