This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Electrical software

Former Community Member
Former Community Member
Good morning all, 

In the company where I'm actually working, we have SEE Electrical from IGEA+XAO.

I found this software not so useful (take longer to do the drawing, you have to update manually the database, no sizing of the cable, etc).

The only vantages are:

1 - automatic reference of page and cables

2 - automatic part list.

We are going to come back to the drawing manually with Autocad.

Those are my questions:

1 - I need to find a software where I can use to size the cables and give me the report. At the moment I'm using a website but it's not so accurate.

2 - I have done in the past the training for Amtech, but unfortunately, they don't provide any demo, so I don't think it's a good idea invest a lot of

money to buy the software if we did not really need. I really appreciate if there is someone who can give the change to try this software again.

3 - I'm open to any suggestions.

Thank you
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    ElectricalOM!

PM me if you want me to give you more information as I am slightly involved with the company & I don’t think I should say too much because it can possibly be taken as advertising and misuse of the platform.
    I send you a request to be connected together, in this way I can contact privately.

Or can you send me a message and I reply to you?
  • Hello Andrea,

For Equipment, Cable sizing you can use etap.

https://etap.com/

For Cable Schedules, Single Line Diagram, etc. you can use Intergraph/Hexagon SPEL (SmartPlant Electrical).
    https://hexagonppm.com/products/engineering-and-schematics-product-family/smartplant-electrical

The ETAP Revit plug-in looks useful but i wonder if they have a UK standard compliant version, the video seems to be in AWG.