This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

IET Mentor

I am considering applying to be an IET Mentor and would be interested in hearing any feedback from those who are, or have been mentors.

Has it been a worthwhile experience?

How good is the training/support available? 

Any advice?

Thanks
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Hi Alex

Thank you for getting in touch.

We're currently in the process of moving our forums over to Office 365 but we can give you some information if you email mentoring@theiet.org. It may also be worthwhile getting in touch with your local network and see what mentors and/or PRAs in that area say about the service.

Best regards

Sam Wright

IPD and Mentoring Service Owner

Like Alex, I am also considering supporting the mentoring scheme and would be interested in information and feedback/advice from current mentors who operate in the NE of England.

Regards

Maurice

• Just for clarity, where Sam Wright‍ mentions moving the forums to Office 365, he is referring to a private discussion area for the IET's Mentoring volunteers only and not the public forums on Engineering Communities.
    Where can I get the directory of content for IET mentoring? I'm looking for technical and legal documents/mentors for electrical and chemical industry. Thanks in advance!
    Where can I get the directory of content for IET mentoring? I'm looking for technical and legal documents/mentors for electrical and chemical industry. Thanks in advance!
  • Hi Weizhi Yao‍ 

There's lots of information on Mentoring available on the IET's Mentoring Service pages on the website.

Hope that helps?

Lisa Miles:

Hi Weizhi Yao‍ 

There's lots of information on Mentoring available on the IET's Mentoring Service pages on the website.

Hope that helps? 

Got it. Thanks~

But I don't think that page adds any useful information to me. If I was right, I do understand what is the mentorship. Actually what I want is who can be my mentor on the fields mentioned in my previous post. Can you provide some inputs?

Lisa Miles:

Hi Weizhi Yao‍ 

Hope that helps? 

Got it. Thanks~

But I don't think that page adds any useful information to me. If I was right, I do understand what is the mentorship. Actually what I want is who can be my mentor on the fields mentioned in my previous post. Can you provide some inputs?