Want to post a reply? You'll need to log in
Is this version of the forum really not going to be scrapped?
Sparkingchip 72796851
2406 Posts
I cannot find a good thing to say about it.

Andy Betteridge 
3 Replies
Sparkingchip 72796851
2406 Posts
I sat in my van to have lunch for the first time in several months, I had a mug of tea in the footwell, a sandwich in one hand and my Ipad resting on the steering wheel whilst I tried to use the forum.

There is no point in beating about the bush, this version is rubbish. I tried to type a comment in a little narrow slit on the screen and all I got was an error message.

The format and navigation just is not fit for purpose; and so on and so forth.

Andy Betteridge 
Denis McMahon 14703551
230 Posts
It does have the basis of one or two good ideas, but they need to be refined to  work properly. Overall the disadvantages far outweigh the advantages. I would prefer to roll back to the previous version of the forum software until this is sorted out properly.
It doesn't look as though anybody is interested as IMO I suspect the 'committee' have decided or have been encouraged to downplay the fun and frolics of earlier forum generations. Quite understandable really as the 'committee' would want to encourage an air of professional sobriety and discourage the 'rough trade' electrical mentality.
I suppose we must show a level of progressive movement towards a higher plane ..... Lol
Legh

Want to post a reply? You'll need to log in