This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Recording Internal company Courses as CPD?

Hello All

I was wondering someone could help with the matter of CPD

I will be taking a company internal course that will train me in the process of documenting projects and when to under go critical design reviews etc. This is to ensure that we maintain documentation in accordance to ISO9001 and the company's policies. The course is only a few hours long, 

Would the course count towards CPD hours?

Thank you

• I put everything down that my employer provides, even the 1/2 hour on-line video courses that corporate HQ mandates.  In some years, that's the only way I manage to hit 30 hours of CPD.

So far nobody has made any comments when I submit my CPD report at the end of the year.
  • Yes it will. And if you didn't go on the course but instead spent an hour reading the process that's also an hour's CPD. And if instead of doing that you learned the process on the job while taking part in your next project that's also CPD.

It is MUCH easier to collect CPD than most people think it is! So good question, you won't be the only one wondering...

Next question, does the time spent asking a question about what counts as CPD count as CPD? Personally I'd say yes, but that might be seen as pushing it a bit...

Cheers,

Andy
  • Brilliant!

Many thanks for all your help!
  • Hi Andy, as you know, any way to audit the CPD we declared or just base on the evaluation on reflections in the CPD records? Tks.

Cheers,

LN

• Hi, I'm not an expert on the CPD audit / review process, but it is going to be quite simple. It is not a police investigation to check that you did what you said you did on certain dates! The aim is only to make sure you know what CPD is and that you have some evidence that you are doing it. That evidence only needs to be your own statements.

• Tks Andy.