This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Enquiry sent to Pfizer about Composition of Vaccine

Former Community Member
Former Community Member

Dear Sir,

Thank you for presenting the Pfizer Vaccine as a possible prevention for the current Covid-19 Pandemic. I am indeed interested to know more about this vaccine for myself and for everyone concerned. To understand further, I enquired about the specific Chemical Formula that is used for the mRNA composition. As I understand that similar Flu Vaccines, such as Flucelvax Quad uses Propiolactone with Chemical Formula C3H4O2 as its core component. What would be the equivalent representation in a Chemical Formula for the core component of 'mRNA' ? This is important for the Pfizer Vaccine to be successfully tested at laboratories worldwide, so that it can then be appropriately accepted for public health use by respective jurisdictions, and prescribed by medicine. It is an urgent situation with the Pandemic, so please let us know, such that jurisdictions worldwide can confidently test, approve and provide this vaccine to its Citizens. Thank you.

Regards

Syamantak Saha

www.linkedin.com/.../

• As I understand that similar Flu Vaccines, such as Flucelvax Quad uses Propiolactone with Chemical Formula C3H4O2 as its core component

I think you understand wrong.  Flu vaccines are made from killed flu viruses.  Good luck finding the chemical formula of a dead virus.

• Propiolactone may be used to kill virii  and certain spores. 

It is also considered harmful to humans, so while it may be used in the preparation of things like a flu vaccine, there is precious little or none left in the final vaccine. 

It is a very useful sterilising agent,  being soluble both in water and in a number of common organic solvents.

I'm not sure if it is used in the virus neutralisation stage of making the vaccine you mention or not.

Mike.