This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

i wonder how many regs this breaks?

Former Community Member
Former Community Member
758c907a0584994bde050903887e2a16-huge-facebook_1634761638884_6856687281021392189-002.jpg
spur for a boiler! brand new installation
  • grubbym: 

758c907a0584994bde050903887e2a16-huge-facebook_1634761638884_6856687281021392189-002.jpg
    spur for a boiler! brand new installation

It may be o.k. even if a little untidy. I hope the fuse is a 3 Amp rated fuse in the switched fused connection unit. At least currently the cables are visible so unlikely to be drilled or nailed through.

Z.

• Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member

apparently, the guy who fitted the boiler, said that it was supplied with the correct fuse (unable to say what size) and that he wouldn't be happy if someone had left his house looking like that!

• Just a poor installation… not as bad as what I found , under my sisters bungalow kitchen units, recently… sw'd spur, laying loose on the floor, and no earth to her cooker etc. 

• Externally not a lot obviously wrong, maybe the knock out in the socket top is not the right IP rating for the environment.  A squirt of mastic is the lowest acceptable fix for that. 

Cable is clipped or in trunking, route is visible so that's OK.  No primary insulation or copper on show.  Any chance of a photo of the back ?

Rough as old boots of course,  but regs broken ? - Maybe not as many as you think. Of course there may be no RCD in the feed to it, and the cable and MCB size may not match, there may be bare wires just out of shot, and a nuclear bomb under the dining table, but from the picture alone, not really a regs issue.

He is right - I'd be upset too if I was paying for that, but from the point of a most unprofessional looking job, not safety.

Mike.

• I think I agree with the other comments here. The IP rating topside not good cos hole not filled in. Otherwise so far as we can see regs wise? but the overall standard does not give any confidence at all and shouts for us to open up/investigate further and see what we find.

I always thinks that what we can not readily see is very often far worse than what we can see. It is rarely better or even the same quality innit?

• Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member

unfortunately, this was someone who sent me this picture, so i am unable to investigate further.

• What we don't know is what it was like previously.