Want to post a reply? You'll need to log in  Having trouble logging in? Read our help guide
Wayleave Pole.
Zoomup
4098 Posts

If a U.K.P.N. pole feeds a property and the next door property, and is situated on the first property's private land, and the cables run over private land, what sort of wayleave payment can be expected?

Z.

7 Replies
Sparkingchip
4733 Posts

Not a lot.

perspicacious
703 Posts

Not a lot as the pole exists to supply the first property. 
Maybe a little more if there is a stay wire.

Possibly £5 a year unless the owner took a lump sum in lieu of annual payments when the pole was erected on their property.

Gets a little more complicated if the second supply was subsequent to the first supply.

There might be a reference to it on the house deeds but not normally.

Regards

BOD

Chris Pearson
3195 Posts

Sparkingchip beat me to it! I was going to say about a pint per year if lucky. 🍺

AJJewsbury
3068 Posts

My Dad had a HV line running across his garden with a pole and trasformer feeding him and next door. From what I remember there was nothing on his deeds about it but he enquired with his local DNO after one of his neighbours mentioned the possibility. In the end he did get an small annual payment (<£10). Seemingly the ‘system’ (for his DNO at least) was the payments stopped automatically when the previous owner of his house moved out and the new owner has to apply again.

- Andy.

Sparkingchip
4733 Posts

My parents lived in an old farmhouse, a pole in the garden supplied their house and the buildings, when the ownership of the house and buildings were divided they got a wayleave payment, it paid enough for a pint of beer a year.

Zoomup
4098 Posts

Chris Pearson: 

Sparkingchip beat me to it! I was going to say about a pint per year if lucky. 🍺

Fred Nugget down at the Fluck And Feathers said that you never turn down a free pint Chris.😀

Z.

Andy C
50 Posts

I have a HV pole and stay at the bottom of the garden feeding a substation about halfway up. For this I get the princely sum of about £11 per year. 🤣

Share:

Want to post a reply? You'll need to log in  Having trouble logging in? Read our help guide