This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Cheap Electricity

Since the weekend have noticed that our in-house display for our not-so smart meter was showing a rather low daily spend for electricity. No info for gas because the gas meter and the electricity meter don't talk to each other.

Looking through the display pages, can see that it is working on a Daily Standing Charge of £0.013p (1.3p) and a per kilowatt hour charge of 1.87p/kWh.

I wonder what our end August Bill will be? 

Clive

• AncientMariner: 

Since the weekend have noticed that our in-house display for our not-so smart meter was showing a rather low daily spend for electricity. No info for gas because the gas meter and the electricity meter don't talk to each other.

Looking through the display pages, can see that it is working on a Daily Standing Charge of £0.013p (1.3p) and a per kilowatt hour charge of 1.87p/kWh.

I wonder what our end August Bill will be? 

Clive

Shush, don't tell 'em.

Z.

• I wonder what our end August Bill will be? 

largely unrelated to the reading on the in-house display I imagine - the meter reading in units is final, the price per unit is an admin matter.

Mike.

• No, probably not Mike. Retail legislation only allows products to be sold at the displayed price, even if this is incorrect. Keep on it Clive!

• I checked the meter earlier. I was expecting to see the tariff as I scrolled through, but did not. But did find that the meter signal strength was -23 dBm  this I think for the HAN?

Our supplier is HUB which was Gulf up to a few months ago.

I'm sure that BG meters can display tariff info if paged through.

Clive

• Heard this evening that the energy supplied HUB has ceased trading.

Coincidence?

Clive

• Ofgem statment. In summary ‘don't panic’

• I read that earlier. I was tipped off by a friend who is sorting out his late brother's estate. I “found” HUB or Gulf as they were then, a few years ago and both their price and customer service took some beating. So passed the word around and I know of 5 people who changed to them.

Will be interesting to see who OFGEN find to take us on.  If not to our liking will likely go to Octopus. (Or anyone with a High Power Gas Meter signal HI!   (My cousin's gas meter, like ours, lost contact with the electricity meter as well, and their's is almost line of sight across a lawn - L shaped house.)

Clive

• I called at my cousin's house today to read their meters (supposedly smart, but the gas and electricity don't talk to each other) and found that their's too is working on about 10% of the correct tariff cost. They too with the now defunct HUB.

Clive