Want to post a reply? You'll need to log in  Having trouble logging in? Read our help guide
Wiring and Body Aches.
Zoomup
3166 Posts
Question
I have been doing some hard manual work recently, screwing, drilling and floor board lifting etc. I have started to use my battery drill set on a low clutch setting for doing up and undoing screws as my hands really hurt and tingle at night with pins and needles

What labour saving tips has anyone got to save me falling apart please?

Z.
6 Replies
Chris Pearson
2703 Posts
It wouldn't help with getting under the floorboards, but a wee scissor lift would at least save your knees from the strain of going up and down ladders all day. It might even be possible to operate it using your drill. 😀
Zoomup
3166 Posts
Chris Pearson:
It wouldn't help with getting under the floorboards, but a wee scissor lift would at least save your knees from the strain of going up and down ladders all day. It might even be possible to operate it using your drill. 😀

240 Volt or 12 Volt?

Z.

Sparkingchip
4261 Posts
One of the customers asked if I am going to have a Zimmer frame with built in steps to get up into lofts, I am getting similar comments from the lads I work with.

Two days ago I was following a bloke on a scooter with tool boxes built onto it and a surveyors telescopic ladder on the rear end, I was pondering if we could team up and do a White Helmets type display at the funfair in the car park at Brent Cross.
Zoomup
3166 Posts
Sparkingchip:
One of the customers asked if I am going to have a Zimmer frame with built in steps to get up into lofts, I am getting similar comments from the lads I work with.

So it's not just me where things are starting to show then.

Z.

kfh
177 Posts
It is a Government policy, quietly introduced, with a secret department going around lowering the floors.  

I have no suggestions to help with this. Even though retired with my wife telling me I am too old for this working lark she has me laying 3X2 flags and building raised beds instead and virtually rewiring the Village Hall of which she is the treasurer.

MrFox
8 Posts
Get an apprentice/lad/mate to do the heavy lifting :)
Also if you don't already have one, a proper impact driver rather than using a drill for screws.
And (I found this recently) a decent hammer drill, you will save hours and drill bits, it will pay for itself straight away. Dewalt 996, from FFX

IGMC.

Share:

Want to post a reply? You'll need to log in  Having trouble logging in? Read our help guide