Want to post a reply? You'll need to log in
CO fire and hush
lyledunn
552 Posts
Question
Not being up to speed with the domestic side, can I ask if a hush/test facility switch can be installed on hard wired interlinked system of CO and fire detectors. I assume that the alarm is different between fire and CO alerts.
3 Replies
Alan Capon
429 Posts
lyledunn:
. . .  I assume that the alarm is different between fire and CO alerts.

It should be, as the response is (should be) different. 

Regards,

Alan. 

Grumpy
98 Posts
Hi Lyle, I installed Aico hard wired system in a holiday let where the changeover staff had to test it each time. I fitted a radio link base to one unit and a separate wall mounted  push test/hush unit communicated with that. The room with the woodburner had a combined heat/CO alarm but I don't think it had different alarms.
AJJewsbury
2574 Posts
lyledunn:
Not being up to speed with the domestic side, can I ask if a hush/test facility switch can be installed on hard wired interlinked system of CO and fire detectors. I assume that the alarm is different between fire and CO alerts.

I've got interlinked hard-wired mix of smoke and CO at home - with a separate test/hush unit - which seems to work OK. I think they're all Kidde - other ranges might differ of course.  As I recall all units sound on an alarm but the noise made differs depending whether it was triggered by the CO or smoke units.

- Andy.

Share:

Want to post a reply? You'll need to log in