Want to post a reply? You'll need to log in
Utility pole graveyard.
Sparkingchip
4012 Posts
Question
One for Zoomup and others who live out on the marshes. 

6 Replies
perspicacious
565 Posts
That looks more like a former hop field!

Regards

BOD

Sparkingchip
4012 Posts
It’s a rather nice and tidy hop field under construction.

I have been up the Teme Valley to do a job near Tenbury Wells, I passed comment to the customer that the DNO have removed some of those poles from runs of overhead cables because they are no longer considered fit for purpose, then the farmers use them to support the hop wire work, which has to weigh far more than the electric cables.

The customer said he would rather have a hop bine fall on his head then a HV cable. 🤯
Sparkingchip
4012 Posts
The thinner poles are new, it’s the thicker grandfathers on the ends of the runs that are ex-DNO and they have had the bottom cut off them. There is a live HV cable running across the field and thankfully the poles are taller than the hop wire work poles.
Sparkingchip
4012 Posts
Sparkingchip
4012 Posts
Bear in mind there’s a couple of guys with a cherry picker basket on the front of a telehandler wiring the hop field poles and stringing them under those HV cables 
perspicacious
565 Posts
There is a live HV cable running across the field and thankfully the poles are taller than the hop wire work poles.

I do hope the owner has liaised with the DNO and sought consent for works near their lines................

Regards

BOD

Share:

Want to post a reply? You'll need to log in