This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

"weekend Quiz" (Sorry Zoom)

Does this pic look right ?

aa9a83eae6689ff64afb5ded92834bd4-huge-image-20201127162726-1.png
  • No. I claim my prize.
  • From the moulding it appears to be a Clik CT100 which unfortunately is not listed in https://www.scolmore.com/technical_specification_bim/_brochures/Flow/Flow.zip

I can see the two Browns in the loop terminal, but should there be three Blues into the Neutral terminal?

So I am going to say, that it does not look right. But that might change if I could see where those three T&Es go to!

Not helped by what appears to be OUT written in blue on the right hand T&E sheath?

Clive

• Depends on the colour code chosen and the application I guess.

Here we see 4 screw terminals and 3 pins to the plug and socket pair.

If this is supposed to replace a celing rose with power loop in and out and the switch on the leftmost T& E, then no, as the have the switch in parallel with the lamp  If the left most  T& E is supply to the lamp, and the others are just looping through and share a neutral , then maybe,

the pic is  from TLC website here

The maker's data-sheet  is  here  and shows no such pictures

This is probably staged for the photograph anyway, and done so there are not too many ugly cross-overs.

Mike
  • No cord grip on flex
  • IMO, that picture shows what appears to be the switch line connected via Neutral to switch, should be Live to switch, and for the sake of clarity, be colour reversed with a brown id on the blue conductor ....

Legh
  • I say no because the neutral is being switched and without seeing the connection to the lamp plug the lamp appears to be connected to a permanent neutral and a switched neutral. 

Or or worse still if you can switch the lamp on and off the lamp connection is reverse polarity and has a switched neutral.
  • This would be handy, so long as you don't pick up the wrong roll:

Pitacs Twin & Earth Cable (6242Y) 2 Brown Cores 1.5mm2 x 50m Drum (toolstation.com)
  • On face value the  wiring is fine unless you know that twin goes to  a switch by itself.  So the missing cord grip is the only thing that is not right, subject to confirming the t + e is not your usual " switch wire".
  • It's not far out. Presumably we have loop in and loop out; switch drop; and connection to luminaire. It appears that the luminaire is connected to the three terminals on the left, (left to right) they are SL, CPC, N. That leaves the terminal on the far right which is L. The blue conductor of the left hand cable needs to be connected to the far right terminal and have some brown sleeving.

I assume that the cords are gripped when the two halves of the shell are put together.

(I would prefer that all three browns were together and blue sleeved brown was the SL on the far left.)
  • But if the blue is a neutral, it will go bang if you did that.