This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

SCHNEIDER NSX100N Obsolete?

I heard late today that the Schneider NSX100N MCCB is now obsolete.

I will call Schneider Technical tomorrow but in the mean time does anyone know if this is true and if it is , is there a direct replacement?
  • No John,  I haven't heard this.  Like you though, I am most concerned and you may have answered a question of mine with this.  I have been trying to do a repeat of an older circuit circa 2015 and I can't justify it with the software or find the info that I need.  TBH I was wondering if I had made incorrect notes of switch numbers. 

Is it on your most recent Amtech, or should I say Trimble?    I have recently had issues with this range (and indeed with some ABB stuff).   This is a big coincidence since I have only today put a caveat on a couple of my reports about it.  I sent out emails saying 'Dave, we need to check this, I can't  find this stuff on the web'...  One of my enduring issues with Schneider has been their web site and how difficult it is to get an answer.  I love the Cahier techniques though so its not all bad on the Schneider site.

Pre Covid we  had a Schneider rep on site at work permanently and as soon as I asked him something challenging (like the difference between type b and type  c;)) he went away.   I fear I scared him off.  Oops.   I'm not surprised that some of the slightly 'out of date'  or 'old school'  switchgear is still so popular - because  people like us don't need to waste an afternoon finding a decent tech spec or searching Trimble.   It  might be a bit clunky compared with some other stuff but IMHO in a busy life... if I can get the information I need quickly then they are going to get my order. 

But I was trying to repeat something on the quick.  Oh well. (? ?).

Manufacturers, if you are looking in... Sort out your web sites chaps.  Properly searchable.  Loads of variants on a search.   Tell us what we need to know really visibly, like max Zs, is this switch going out of issue, how big is it, max pfc etc?   We are not buying your stuff because we have fun on your web sites or because of the pretty colours.    Finding what we need to know is becoming like jumping through hoops.  Forget your cookies, questionnaires and finding out what size shoes we wear.  We need to be able to find information on your sites and place an order,. We do not need to fill your researchers' buckets with information about us and how we tick.    and oh,  if you put what I need to know on a link to youtube I will hit the stop button the moment an advert or a slimy TED talker flicking his or her hair as rehearsed appears and you will not get my order.

Oooh, that was  a good rant, like the olden days when Leckie and I used to go off.   I miss Leckie so much. 

I logged this evening on just to say hello to all  and saw yours JP.   As you can see it resonates with me.  So,  hello all.  I'm still here, just going  bonkers on the quiet.  Doing the covid  dance which strikes me as being rather like the Tango, bit low, been lower, got spots on my face from a mask even at my age, parents fine (ish)  and so on.  Much the same as you I guess?   Things at work are going really well.  I have been given a significant award for the electrical lessons that you guys advised me on.  I've done 5 so far and they continue.  I am truly honoured by that.    I am now a lady with her own parking space don't you know.  Such a shame that I am working from home ;). No less busy than ever I was.

Love to you all.

Zs

• No the NSX100N with the Micologic 2.2 is still made for the Powerpact 4 panel board.