Want to post a reply? You'll need to log in
Domestic Hydro electric
5 Replies
Sparkingchip 72796851
2519 Posts
All you need now is a 1/2 inch river.
-2400- 11001209207
68 Posts
I haven't watched it - but reminds me of this video that I keep seeing recommended...

Also while looking for that, I also saw this review. Again, I haven't watched it - but looks like it might be a similar product:
ebee 81966746
695 Posts
Well if you are using waste water or a river then why not?
I do not think your water supplier will like you using the public water mains though😀
OlympusMons 11001209648
118 Posts
ebee:
Well if you are using waste water or a river then why not?
I do not think your water supplier will like you using the public water mains though😀

I would think they need WRAS approval. But if the property has a water meter fitted, which usually have a backflow prevention device fitted, there shouldn't be a problem with contamination of the water supply, which is their main concern. Even better if it was fitted from a tank fed source.
I saw this thread yesterday and thought of where we go camping. There are various washing up facilities and standpipes throughout the site all fed from plastic piping run from a huge tank at the top of a hill. I imagined I could fit one of these under cover of darkness in a secluded place near our pitch, and every time someone washes their hands I could be charging my phone. :)

Sparkingchip 72796851
2519 Posts
One for Bod.

Windmills and water pumps,

Andy B.

Want to post a reply? You'll need to log in