This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

pyro/micc tools

Does anyone know where to get a micc straightening tool from other than auction Sites, cannot seem to find any or other possible options welcome
  • Two blocks of hardwood perhaps. If straightening at an acute bend soften the cable with a blowlamp first.

Z.
  • Not sure if their bending tools can be used to straighten.

http://www.wrexhammineralcables.com/categories/accessories-and-tools
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Presumably is the rollers you want not the bending bar ?

If so, they aren't as good as they may be cracked up to be (particularly when used on PVC served MICC) - best not to bend it out of all recognition in the first place, and dress it by hand as you proceed - wooden mallet and hardwood block rather than steel hammer

Get in touch with the BOD - he's probably still got about 3 dozen still in the original oily paper wrapping ?

Regards

OMS
  • Hi yes, it's the rollers I'm looking for, primarily for when carrying out small repairs, I've personally never tried the block and hammer method,
    From your other post you are quite competent with tools, why not use this opportunity to be creative, first get a bit of steel or aluminium plate 3-4mm and drill some holes, some 'filing' for the slots:
    9bd2dfeb610ae24a002baf5803918a4f-huge-roller_1.jpg

Next get a pack of U rollers from Ebay something like 8 or 10mm radius, they are dirt cheap.
    f6e3e527336084d7f5cddeb9e9307fc7-huge-roller_2.jpg

Just a quick sketch not to scale, does not include bolts, washers etc, you can make it any size or design you want should not take long a nice project. 

e223f3662e2c397a6d18b63093b1eefe-huge-roller_3.jpg

You would probably get away with a bit of 12mm ply and 3 rollers thinking about it, 2 fixed and 1 adjustable, I think 5 would give a better result though.

Happy engineering and keep safe, ???

Rob
    Rob,

Can I ask please what software application you used to knock up that model?
  • I like it, just might give that a go, what's the worst that can happen, it will be fun not the less

Paul Skyrme:

Rob,

Can I ask please what software application you used to knock up that model?

For quick non-scale sketching I just use Fusion its quick and dirty compared to my regular applications Solidworks and Inventor, the U bearings were not sketched I just imported them from a manufacturers website I have access to.

Stay safe, I agree with what Boris has done but I still feel he should have closed down everywhere and left open the Indian takeways and fed the nation a butt clenching Vindaloo that would get rid of the BUG ger.  ?0c73b08f19be328472958608268c2dbb-huge-1380285_639450962778885_1150080211_n.jpg

Rob

• There is one on Ebay at the moment under Pyrotenex Straitner at the moment.
  • Here is one that you could knock up in the garden shed made out of old washing machine parts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOKfzC-LX4k

Z.