This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Promoting an Electrical Business.

Electricians who run a business need to promote the business. To get work the business has to advertise to get customers. So, just what form should the advertising (marketing) take? This is an example of very effective advertising that people will come across whilst surfing the net. It is interesting, thought provoking and informative. Perhaps we can learn from its techniques.

https://mrelectric.com/blog/appliances-that-need-dedicated-circuits-part-1

Z.
  • Most of the appliances on that list come fitted with a 13A plug, and don't need a dedicated circuit.  Even my oven is just plugged into a wall socket.
  • Don't forget that the website is US based.
  • The company is part of the Dwyer Group 

One of my neighbours was a franchise manager for one of the other brands they operate, I have had some very interesting discussions about running such businesses with him. It’s not about trying to work hands on yourself, but it is about running a business, so that rules most of us electricians out!

Andy B.

• Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Whenever I want a good laugh I hang around my local wholesalers and wait for the local Mr Electric van to come in.  Judging by what he tries to order over the counter his electrical knowledge is, to be kind, poor.  I'd be embarrassed to be heard ordering such stuff and asking counter staff for advice.  Wisely they don't offer any.  Such franchises are just a vehicle for someone else in an office to make more money than you ever will as a franchisee and without the hassle. The website is just full of hot air.

My business is promoted very effectively, and at no cost to me, by my customers recommending me.  I have never advertised - I've never been bad enough to need to.