This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

H A P P Y N E W Y E A R E V E R Y O N E.

Happy New Year to one and all.

Should auld acquaintance be forgot,

And never brought to mind,

We'll tak a cup o' kindness yet,

For auld lang syne.

Robert Burns. Auld Lang Syne. 1788.

On December 31st. 1879 Thomas Edison gave the first public demonstration of his incandescent lamp.

During 1973 an energy crisis in the U.K. led to the introduction of the three day week.

On 31st December the English reformer John Wycliffe died in 1384, as did the English car and speedboat racer Sir Malcolm Campbell in 1948.

Let's look forward to good days ahead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTCryF1J54Y

Z.

• Happy new year to you all too best wishes from Kelly and my wife Sharon
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Best Wishes to all for the New Year.
  • Yep .... Happy new year and a new decade to get through without a any more wars... he said...

Legh.
  • Well done Zoommy!

That song ALWAYS... chokes me up... even now!!! ? Sorry, I know this is NOT a 'PC' thing to say... but...

Anyways... Happy New Year to you all... I hope it's a better one than last year!

• Tomgunn:

Well done Zoommy!

That song ALWAYS... chokes me up... even now!!! ? Sorry, I know this is NOT a 'PC' thing to say... but...

Anyways... Happy New Year to you all... I hope it's a better one than last year!

There is nothing wrong in showing emotion when we remember those family and friends that have gone elsewhere Tom. We are feeling humans after all.

All the best for 2020. Life, love and happiness to all.

Z.

• ?

regards... Tom
  • Happy New Year everybody,, best wishes to all xxx