This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

New IET Electrical Website

Hi All

Have you seen the new IET Electrical website at https://electrical.theiet.org/?

It's been updated to reflect the IET's new branding.

Let us know what you think!

• It doesn't look as if anyone else has seen it (or if they have they can't be bothered responding) so I will kick off the replies and say I have had a look. I think bringing it into line with the rest of the IET sites is a good start, providing consistency, but I always have problems when websites are redesigned as there are pages that seem to disappear - there are some pages from the old IET site that I still haven't found which I think have been removed and not replaced. My verdict is therefore tentatively positive and time will tell. If pages have gone missing, the more people there are who highlight this, the more likely the pages will be reinstated.

Alasdair

• Let us know what you think!

I've just had a quick look and the "Building Regulations" section caught my eye. It looks like it is in need of a bit more than than just a look & feel refresh. Most of the information there looks (for England at least) looks to be over six YEARS out of date - it seems quite unaware of the 2013 version of part P which han entirely different list of notifiable work - or the fact that Wales no longer automatically adopts changes to the English regulations and is in some cases at least following quite a different version.

- Andy.
  • Hi Andy

I've just had a quick look and the "Building Regulations" section caught my eye. It looks like it is in need of a bit more than than just a look & feel refresh. 

One of the team is overhauling the content in that area at the moment and should be done just after the Christmas break. ?
  • good, because I reported that when it was only 2 years out of date.
  • Well it looks ok but I still haven't been able to suscribe to the wiring matters magazine. Also, a new tab with the IET electrical screen requires me to log in again. I suppose this is just beta testing?

Legh
  • The much vaunted "single sign on" still doesn't work on the IET web site.  It's still possible to be logged in on one page, and logged out on another.
  • Yep and it barred my from replying too.

Teething troubles?
  • The EngTech application form is only downloadable if you have "Windows Office" which I haven't. So I can't view it.

Z.

• Zoomup:

The EngTech application form is only downloadable if you have "Windows Office" which I haven't. So I can't view it.

Z.

Not true Zoomup. Any office programme will open a docx file, plenty of free ones about, such as Libra office.

• Typiod:

Zoomup:

The EngTech application form is only downloadable if you have "Windows Office" which I haven't. So I can't view it.

Z.

Not true Zoomup. Any office programme will open a docx file, plenty of free ones about, such as Libra office.

Tis true, so it is. When I tried to open the file an error message stated that I had to buy Windows Office.

Z.