This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

DeWalt Wall-Dog Screws

Stange how they quote, "FIRE SAFETY Complies with Amendment 3 of The Institution of Engineering and Technology New Wiring Regulations"  but then at 0:56 he has forgotten to use grommets in the knockout holes..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9QAXfVTAVk&feature=youtu.be

Screws do look good though!

Clive
  • Okay in soft Georgian bricks, useless in most other materials.

Several years ago I made a point of buying some at an Elex Show, I still have not used them all up.

Andy Betteridge.
  • To be fair that's a conduit installation so he may not yet have fitted the bush... looks like he's doing it a little backward though, the conduit system INCLUDING the backboxes should be complete before wiring is drawn in ?

I too bought some when amd 3 came in, and still haven't used them all. They're a little overpriced but are handy in thermalite and soft brickwork as noted above

• MHRestorations:

To be fair that's a conduit installation so he may not yet have fitted the bush... looks like he's doing it a little backward though, the conduit system INCLUDING the backboxes should be complete before wiring is drawn in ?

Strange place to put T&E! ?

• There are better screws that don’t need rawlplugs and will go into most things using an impact driver. The ones I am thinking of have a Torx head, and are less easily damaged. 

Regards,

Alan.

• Alan Capon:

There are better screws that don’t need rawlplugs and will go into most things using an impact driver.

Is that the same as a Manchester screwdriver?

The ones I am thinking of have a Torx head, and are less easily damaged. 

Spax make Torx headed screws, but I don't know whether they are intended to be used without any sort of plug. I like them even though they don't suit a countersunk head.