This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

heads up for anyone using deta screwless slimline..

just been informed by one of my electricians..  the deta screwless (slimline range) the embossed brown & blue circles around the cable entry points,, is reversed  L blue.. N..brown.. yes it is correctly marked but when the fitting is being connected.. the writing is facing the wall,, the coloured apertures are prominent and thats where you will bung your cables.. just a heads up in case your using the same.. 2 electricians wasting 3 hours taking them all back off again...  hell.. its only money..

gary
  • That's nasty. You might reasonably expect the brown to be the live. Do DETA acknowledge this problem ?

Seems at odds with their website " colour coded terminal entries make wiring simpler, especially in poor lighting. "

Perhaps 'simpler' should read 'more dangerous' (your pic in-line)

6fb04f60a9cfde0d058a238a8bae4f7c-huge-polarity.png

Suggest you call them and ask for an explanation. Is your supplier reputable - is it possible it is a knock-off ?

Deta Electrical Company Limited

Kingsway House

Laporte Way

Luton

Bedfordshire  LU4 8RJ

United Kingdom

+44 (0)1582 544500

+44 (0)1582 544501

• Those look like the batch that slipped by quality control whilst they were all having an afternoon nap.

Deta Glacier double sockets

Andy B
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    The Chinese don't do 'Quality Control' they throw the stuff out there and act on the feedback, you, the general public are their R&D that's why you get things so cheap no extra costs.

Rob
  • I asked a supplier of consumer units about their quality control when I had an issue with one of their units, they said they looked at one consumer unit off each pallet.

Andy Betteridge
  • Looking at the rectangular holes, do an inserted plug's pins protrude through at the rear of the socket?  If so, how far?

Seems an odd design in that respect.

Clive