This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Single width RCBOs that open the neutral?

Hi All.

I need to source some 16A/30mA RCBOs, of course the application is somewhat, er, compact so they need to be single width (DIN). The client is also insisting that they open the neutral (for reliability on N-E faults).

I've drawn a blank on searching (my Google skills are somewhat lacking), are any of the major manufacturers doing these devices?

Cheers

DC

• Wylex and crabtree are essentially doing the same thing as I think you need,  both with Siemens designed guts in a single width unit.  Wylex compact DP RCBO for DIN rail  or   Crabtree Starbreaker compact RCBO  The Wylex ones are not a comfortable fit in the previous generation of boards without the use of a file, so spec the 'L' series of boards but I have used quite a few now, and they do exactly as you might hope.

I am told the Crabtree ones are also easy to use though had not yet had need to specify personally. Yet.
  • PS but too late for a quick edit.

a link   where folk have spotted that these new RCBOs that are type A have the internal electronics in wired L-N, unsurprisingly.

So for anyone in the habit of installing MCBs onto a live board (wot me ? never.. no),  when fitting these RCBOs should wire in the neutral side first, as if not the flying blue tail will become semi-live as soon as the input is on the bus-bar. 

As I know you are posting from a rather less EAWR  and H & S dominated part of the planet than here in  the UK, and such practices as live working may be more common, I thought I ought to mention it, may save someone from getting a shock.
  • Or if you're not limited to the UK traditional single pole bus-bar Garo's offering might suit - https://www.meteorelectrical.com/distribution-control/consumer-units-accessories-1/rcd-s-rcbo-s-mcb-s-rcd-s/garo-1-mod-rcbo-s-type-b.html

- Andy.

• I love the Wylex DP RCBOs. Makes testing and fault-finding so much simpler.
  • You cannot use the Wylex DP RCBOs in three phase boards, they do not have phase barriers. 

I phoned and checked. 

Andy Betteridge