Website service announcement

The online community is now in a ‘read only’ mode whilst we transfer our forum and blog content to their new home in IET EngXTM 

Update: The launch of our new online community IET EngX is taking a little longer than anticipated!

We want to make sure that everything is tidy in the new community  so Engineering Communities will remain in read-only mode until w/c 6th December.

Read our latest blog post for more information. 

Want to post a reply? You'll need to log in  Having trouble logging in? Read our help guide
anonymity
2 Replies
Mike,
I have checked and can see your screen name as mapj1 and your interests (both engineering and general) but you seem to have managed to hide everything else, including your local community which would give away your general location.
Alasdair
mapj1
4444 Posts
Thanks for letting me know, - that sort of geographical and name cover always was the intention, so that  is reassuring and good to know it is behaving as expected.
Since the above screen shot, I have now also permitted the 'about me' so that is presumably why the interests are now showing - given that 'everyone' in this context means  "only shows to other forum users while they are logged in" ,  and not 'everyone' as I might have expected,  and I can't see much  point to 'contacts'  and I'm happy for that info to be visible too.

Want to post a reply? You'll need to log in  Having trouble logging in? Read our help guide