This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

signing in

Hi Guys.  I am logged in from the other forum, which is still active by the way.  I can't see the login for this forum,  could somebody point me to it plaese.

Cheers

Gary  

aligarjon
  • There is a single log-on so if you are logged on to the other forum you won't need to log on when you come to this one. If you are logged on, you should see your name/id in the top right of the window. If you are not logged on your name will not be there but a "log-on" reminder should be present.

Alasdair
  • As above, you should be logged into both areas. Try refreshing your browser.

Legh

• gary jones:

Hi Guys.  I am logged in from the other forum, which is still active by the way.  I can't see the login for this forum,  could somebody point me to it plaese.

Cheers

Gary  

aligarjon

Hi Gary

You're already logged in otherwise you wouldn't have been able to post this question in the forum.... wink As Alasdair Anderson‍ says, we use a single sign on process so if you're logged into your account for the IET's family of websites then you're logged into the online community too. smiley

• Top right, drop down arrow then log out from the drop down menu. wink
  • Thanks.  I knew i was logged in from the other forum.  It was more a case of when that is shut down.  :)

Gary

• Beard Weird:

Hi Lisa, there is nothing on my top right, the drop down box of my top left drops down but there is no logout. 

Ipad, I believe they aren't uncommon?

Ah yes Déjà  Vu! (or should that be Déjà dit?) wink

iPads and other mobile devices - 'hamburger' menu then the very last option is My Account settings and then Log out.. smiley

If you're on a desktop there's this neat little feature in the Chrome browser where you can view a website as if you are on a mobile device.... F12 and then along the top there's the 'toggle device toolbar' which enables you to see how everything looks in a variety of different formats on different devices. wink
  • Okay.....

Quick investigation using 3 different iPads and I'm going to hazzard a guess Weirdbeard that you're using a 3rd Gen iPad or below? i.e. your iOS is out of date, as in still running iOS version 9 or below?

Fired up my old 2nd Gen iPad and experienced the same issue as you (log out is not selectable) but on my office iPad (4th Gen) or my personal new iPad (2018 model) then all works as it should! 

I'll speak with the software suppliers to find out how/if this can be addressed. yes
  • Hi all. This is really just a check to see that forum nicknames are indeed working ?

EDIT OK it seems it's not working for me.
  • Hi Crossy!

It is now... ?

Lisa
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Hi , sorry to hijack this post but I need to see if I have also come over.

Regards