Institution of Mechanical Engineers Biomedical Engineering Division (BmED), Institute of Physics and Engineering in Medicine and
IET Healthcare Technologies Technical Network (TN)
Biomedical Engineering is the application of engineering principles and materials technology to biology and medicine with the goal of improving the quality and effectiveness of healthcare.
It is highly multi-disciplinary, falling within the interests of many traditional engineering, physics, life-sciences and medical professions.
We aim to support the Biomedical Engineering community by linking its various members and their professional bodies, while avoiding duplicating what other organisations do. Read more about us.
• Guidance if you are considering studying Biomedical Engineering at university, including a listing of all UK universities offering such courses, and connections to them
• Guidance if you are considering a career in Biomedical Engineering
• Information on future conferences and other events relating to Biomedical Engineering and connections to the organisations running them
• Recent news and information on current activities relevant to those working in Biomedical Engineering
• A discussion forum for the exchange of views on Biomedical Engineering-related topics
• Blog posts for sharing thoughts, projects and ideas on Biomedical Engineering-related topics
All articles are free to read and download!
Visit the IET Digital Library to view the latest in biomedical research and the Healthcare Technology Letters
Interested in submitting? Further Details here.