Institution of Mechanical Engineers Biomedical Engineering Division (BmED), Institute of Physics and Engineering in Medicine and
IET Healthcare Technologies Technical Network (TN)
Biomedical Engineering is the application of engineering principles and materials technology to biology and medicine with the goal of improving the quality and effectiveness of healthcare.
It is highly multi-disciplinary, falling within the interests of many traditional engineering, physics, life-sciences and medical professions.
We aim to support the Biomedical Engineering community by linking its various members and their professional bodies, while avoiding duplicating what other organisations do. Read more about us.
• Guidance if you are considering studying Biomedical Engineering at university, including a listing of all UK universities offering such courses, and connections to them
• Guidance if you are considering a career in Biomedical Engineering
• Information on future conferences and other events relating to Biomedical Engineering and connections to the organisations running them
• Recent news and information on current activities relevant to those working in Biomedical Engineering
• A discussion forum for the exchange of views on Biomedical Engineering-related topics
• Blog posts for sharing thoughts, projects and ideas on Biomedical Engineering-related topics
Don't miss this one hour, FREE Lecture given by Professor Amir Szold, MD, a laparoscopic surgeon, on 'Innovation and Advances in Robotics for Minimally Invasive Surgery'
FREE TICKET for 24 October at 4pm
THINK BIG Future Health & Life Science Unconference
An international forum that supports and energises the movement for healthcare improvement and defines the future of the sector collaboratively; bringing engineers together with clinicians, senior/middle managers, healthcare industry professionals, patients and non-industry stakeholders, promoting greater multi-disciplinary and cross-disciplinary engagement through a full-day programme of “organised serendipity”.
Read the latest open access issue of Healthcare Technology Letters
All articles are free to read and download!
Visit the IET Digital Library to view the latest in biomedical research and the Healthcare Technology Letters
Interested in submitting? There is 50% off Open Access APCs until the end of 2019! Further Details here.
Welcome newest members!
|Ricardo Garcia||Hemant Kumar|
Please join us in welcoming our newest community members