Institution of Mechanical Engineers Biomedical Engineering Division (BmED), Institute of Physics and Engineering in Medicine and
IET Healthcare Technologies Technical and Professional Network(TPN)
Biomedical Engineering is the application of engineering principles and materials technology to biology and medicine with the goal of improving the quality and effectiveness of healthcare.
It is highly multi-disciplinary, falling within the interests of many traditional engineering, physics, life-sciences and medical professions.
We aim to support the Biomedical Engineering community by linking its various members and their professional bodies, while avoiding duplicating what other organisations do. Read more about us.
• Guidance if you are considering studying Biomedical Engineering at university, including a listing of all UK universities offering such courses, and connections to them
• Guidance if you are considering a career in Biomedical Engineering
• Information on future conferences and other events relating to Biomedical Engineering and connections to the organisations running them
• Recent news and information on current activities relevant to those working in Biomedical Engineering
• A discussion forum for the exchange of views on Biomedical Engineering-related topics
• Blog posts for sharing thoughts, projects and ideas on Biomedical Engineering-related topics
This twelfth meeting follows on from last year’s successful conference (over 500 delegates from 67 universities, and 32 other organisations)
where Bioengineers, Biomedical Engineers and Medical Engineers can and will present their work, at the congress that truly has become their annual jamboree!
Proudly supported by
UPCOMING IPEM CONFERENCE:
The Medical Physics and Engineering Conference (MPEC) 2019, is the annual scientific meeting of the Institute of Physics and Engineering in Medicine (IPEM.)
Members' Day is 23rd (free attendance for IPEM members), and the 24th-25th are scientific days with a full programme of papers and invited speakers.
Annual Healthcare Lecture 2019
You will once again be able to hear from our incredible IET Healthcare Technologies Student and Early Career Award winners.
Alongside our special Keynote speaker and previous award winner in the category of J.A. Lodge, Professor Ian Craddock!
15 October at Savoy Place
THINK BIG Future Health & Life Science Unconference
An international forum that supports and energises the movement for healthcare improvement and defines the future of the sector collaboratively; bringing engineers together with clinicians, senior/middle managers, healthcare industry professionals, patients and non-industry stakeholders, promoting greater multi-disciplinary and cross-disciplinary engagement through a full-day programme of “organised serendipity”.
Read the latest open access issue of Healthcare Technology Letters
All articles are free to read and download!
Visit the IET Digital Library to view the latest in biomedical research and the Healthcare Technology Letters
Interested in submitting? There is 50% off Open Access APCs until the end of 2019! Further Details here.
Welcome newest members!
|Paul Cornish||Marlon Rigoberto Cruz Vivas|
Please join us in welcoming our newest community members
There are no Items to display.