SDG Affordable and Clean Energy - 17th June 2021, 18:30
Hud-IET On Campus are organizing a webinar with the Women’s Engineering Society Climate Emergency Group titled ‘How citizens, cities and countries access affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy’. The event will include a range of discussions on energy and energy efficiency for key industry and academic experts and be introduced by Sally Sudworth, BSc FICE FIAM FWES MCIWEM, Head of Sustainability and Climate Change, Mott Macdonald and Group Chair of the WES Climate Emergency Group.
The WES Climate Emergency Group has been set up in response to the Climate Emergency that was declared by the UK Parliament in September 2019. The Intergovernmental Panel for Climate Change report in October 2018 stated that “Limiting global warming to 1.5°C would require rapid, far-reaching and unprecedented changes in all aspects of society. If we are going to have a reasonable chance of keeping warming to 1.5 degrees, we have just over 10 years to cut global emissions by 50% based on 2010 levels. We then have another two decades (until 2050) to reach zero net emissions".
This event presents multidisciplinary insights and experiences of how engineering is applied to deliver sustainable solutions, net zero emissions from energy and helping to achieve the UN Sustainable Development Goal 7 - Access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all.
The speakers are:-
• Yiheng Hu, PhD Researcher, Electrical Power Systems, University of Huddersfield (Chair)
• Elaine Meskhi, Sustainable Energy and Transport Consultant, Cenex
• Dr Beth Tennyson, Solar Cell Research Fellow, University of Cambridge
• Laura Brown, Energy Research Programme Manager, Newcastle University
• Lynda Murchie, Business Improvement and Programmes Manager, Cyber and Physical Security Operations, BT
• Nancy Jonsson, Heating Energy Systems Consultant, Jonsson Consultants
The speakers will participate in a Q&A panel sessions after the presentations. If you are interested, please book your place for this event!