- A new kick-off for better security and privacy of connected vehicles: A new European Union's Horizon 2020 project kicks off at University of Sussex, led by Dr. Zhengguo Sheng. This 4-year project sets an ambitious research agenda to fully exploit the potentials of Vehicle-to-Everything (V2X) communications, data caching and blockchain services for revolutionizing the security of vehicular networks. Check website for details.
- Powering a low carbon future with direct current technology: This webinar on High voltage direct current (HVDC) systems is scheduled on 13 April at 7:00 pm BST. Register here.
Jobs & Other Opportunities:
- Mechanical Engineer is required at Polegate. Click here for details.
- Electrical Engineering Graduates are required at Haywards Heath. Visit the link to check eligibility criteria and submission details.
- IT Support Engineer and IT Network Technician courses are available to improve your skills. Click on the link to apply. Also, see details here.
Links that you might find useful:
- Visit our YouTube channel to view recordings of 'live streamed' talks.
- Who are the Volunteers behind the scenes?
- Look at a list of the Schools Activities that are provided by your local network.
- Find out about the Outstanding Contribution Award that is given by your local network.
- View events from other Local Networks and Professional Institutions.
We are the local network of the IET, organising events and seminars and promoting engineering in schools and businesses across the county. To get involved, you might like to come along to one of our events. We have a wide variety of lectures throughout the year, all free of charge, and you don't need to be an IET member to attend.
Further down you will find links to upcoming events, but a full programme can be found by clicking on the icon.
You are welcome to sign up to this community. Here you can network with other engineers in Sussex, discuss recent lectures, and get access to an archive of slidedecks. You can sign-up online today. If you have any questions on the group, please contact our secretary Norman at email@example.com.
Introduce yourself to IET members across Sussex on our forum. Share your background with other engineers, and see the variety of disciplines and industries that are represented. This is a great way to get to know some of the other people in our community.