- Forty years of game development: Since the release of Pong in 1972, the games industry has proven to be a resilient industry that has surpassed music, film and television combined in the revenues it generates. Register for the webinar to find out how game industry continues to evolve.
- Women working in electronics systems: This webinar aims to inspire young women and girls to pursue their careers in technology and electronics. Register to attend.
- Lying to attackers: An Overview of Cyber Deception and Road Ahead: This talk will provide an overview of the field of cyber-deception and explore its use to deliberately create uncertainty and confusion in an attacker’s mind. Register here.
Check our latest blog of renewable energy and its impact on economic growth of developing nations. Read full article.
- Electronics Engineer for flight avoinics department is required at Crawley. Click here for details.
- Robotics Team Lead required at Farnham, Surrey. Apply here.
- Practical Engineering Intern: An interesting opportunity for engineering students with interest in renewables. Click to apply.
- Customer Engineering Placement: A chance to learn diverse skills including powertrain testing and analysis and customer responsiblilities. More details here.
- Engineering Summer Placement: A remote working opportunity including use of 3D CAD tools. Check out job requirements.
Links that you might find useful:
- Visit our YouTube channel to view recordings of 'live streamed' talks.
- Who are the Volunteers behind the scenes?
- Look at a list of the Schools Activities that are provided by your local network.
- Find out about the Outstanding Contribution Award that is given by your local network.
- View events from other Local Networks and Professional Institutions.
We are the local network of the IET, organising events and seminars and promoting engineering in schools and businesses across the county. To get involved, you might like to come along to one of our events. We have a wide variety of lectures throughout the year, all free of charge, and you don't need to be an IET member to attend.
Further down you will find links to upcoming events, but a full programme can be found by clicking on the icon.
You are welcome to sign up to this community. Here you can network with other engineers in Sussex, discuss recent lectures, and get access to an archive of slidedecks. You can sign-up online today. If you have any questions on the group, please contact our secretary Norman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Introduce yourself to IET members across Sussex on our forum. Share your background with other engineers, and see the variety of disciplines and industries that are represented. This is a great way to get to know some of the other people in our community.