This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Introduce yourself!

Former Community Member
Former Community Member
Tell everybody, who you are, what you do and who you would like to connect with.
  • Morning smiley,  I'm Vikki, I live in Switzerland (previously was in the UK).  I am a quality systems manager. 

I've been a CEng for 12 years, and I am also a registered mentor and IPRA with the IET.

Happy to connect with anyone interested in engineering as a career or hobby wink
  • Faye - and anyone else going through the professional registration process -  you should contact the IET to get a mentor and or your local PRA.  These are people trained by the IET specifically to help you through the process.  They can meet with you face-to-face which often makes the process easier.  Alternatively send me your details in a pm and I will have a look and see if I can help.
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Hi all,

This is Janice Man. I'm a software verification engineer (contract) working in Munich, Germany. I was born and brought up in Hong Kong. I used to live in the UK for 11years before moving to Munich last May. I've been actively involved in the IET for nearly 10 years. I'm currently a member of the IET Council.

It would be great to have some meetups with IET members/engineers in Germany/EU/Hong Kong. I'm more than happy to organise meetups... Just give me a shout :)
    Hello,

I am Alyssa. I'm based on Toronto Canada, I'm a biomedical engineering specializing in cardiology equipment.

I've been with the IET for 4 years now, and am actively involved here in the Americas.
  • Hi everyone!

I'm  Anee Tabassum and I've moved to Brno, Czech Republic from the UK about 4 months ago. Currently, I'm on maternity leave but have previously worked in the automation sector for a bit and then mostly in the telecommunications sector in pre-sales roles. At the moment, I'm looking after my 7 month old and hopefully will start Czech language classes next month. 

I've been with the IET since I was an undergraduate (since 2001) and am currently on the Young Professional Coordination Team (YPCT). 

Jo! I certainly understand what you mean about children/family/career dilemmas. :) 

Hi to everyone in EU! Anyone else in Brno/Czech Republic?

Message me if you''d like to get in touch. :)

Regards,

• :

Hi,

I'm Cassandra live in Macclesfield and work as a software engineer/. I'm currently working for a pharmaceutical company (interesting)

I'd like to meet up for coffee/tea in Manchester - just for chatting

Anybody else from the area?

Regards

Cassandra

• Hi Cassandra,

I am Julie and live in Hazel Grove, it is great to hear that there are other members in the area.

Best wishes

Julie
    Hi I'm Teresa I graduated in electronic engineering in 1984 and worked at Texas Instruments and Motorola Automotive and so worked in USA and Europe even when my two sons were small. They are now 20/23 and both are currently taking MEng mechanical engineering degrees and so I keep upto date with student life through them and the voluntary work I do for IEEE UK. I have't seen female 'techies' make the progress in industry that women in other professions take for granted. It is still a mans world and hard to manage a family -who are the female leaders who are engineers in industry? I watched a Cisco webcast to a live audience of 6500 in London yesterday and 95% were male listening to a female CTO. I don't much care about gender but men don't have 95% of the good ideas about how technology can advance. 

If anyone is interested I have managed the European session of the EWEEK Global Marathon For By and About Women in Engineering Technology for the past 5 years and am planning this year's event March 6th to 8th. This is a free. live virtual conversation for women of all disciplines of engineering; all career stages and in all nations. DuPont South America will lead but contact me for more info. 
    Hi, I'm Lois.

I graduated in Electronic & Electrical Engineering in 1989 and became professionally registered (CEng) in 2006.

I work at a Research & Technology company in Reading as a Software Engineer & Project Manager, with an additional role as Senior Mentor for our graduate development program.

I have two children (currently in yr6 & yr2) and am the primary earner for our family, as my husband is a Stay At Home Dad!

I am also a governor at my kid's primary school, a STEM Ambassador and occasionally I have time to indulge in my hobbies; knitting, quilting and family history!

I am interested in sharing experiences with others, who may have found a different solution to the juggling act required as wife, Mum & professional engineer (in no particular order)...
    Lots of fabulous introductions on here.  Keep them coming! yes