This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

In Space no one can hear you Scream!

One of our Network volunteers has tweeted this link to a great podcast which is all about Sound in Space by Twenty Thousand Hertz, which is why I couldn't resist using the byline from the Alien film as the subject matter!

One of my prized possessions is a sound mirror recording on paper backed magnetic tape of Sputnik passing overhead.  I just wondered if any of our community members have any interesting sound recordings related to space?
  • Sorry Deborah-Claire McKenzie‍ , no space recordings but this has to be my favourite movie trailer of ALL time... smileyheart

No dialogue, cinematic, engaging, quick succession cut transitions to build anxiety, never actually seeing the cause of the fear....

Not like modern trailers that are 10 minutes long and after watching it you feel like you've already seen the entire film anyway....
  • Thanks Lisa, I agree it certainly builds up the momentum. I wish I'd watched this trailer before I went to see the film, as I think I might have had second thoughts!  I only ever watched the first film and that was enough for me, although I was tempted to go and see Prometheus, but chickened out.  I prefer my sci-fi along the lines of the Space Odyssey series and Instellar.  I wish someone would produce a 'Space Odyssey 3001' in film, I'd love to see that one done to accompany the two books that have been filmed so far.