This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Welcome and Introduce Yourself

Welcome to the SSA discussion page on Engineering Communities!

This is a thread to introduce yourself to your fellow network members. We’d love to hear more about you so here are a few questions to start you off:

Name:
Brief career history:
What interests you about satellite systems & applications and space engineering
Other interests:

• Name: Dave Davis (profile says "Ian", but only my Mum calls me that and that's only when I'm in trouble...)

Brief career history: Started working in Satcom in the early 90's in the Army. Went on to become the Army Satcom instructor and left to join the industry. 9 years at NSSLGlobal, mainly Inmarsat and VSATs and now 4 years at VT iDirect. I spent my first 3 years at VT iDirect looking after defence and security Europe, but now focus on the Global Xpress offering.

What interests you about satellite systems & applications and space engineering: everything, but most of all the pace of change and the constant introduction of disruptive technology alongside sustaining technologies expanding into new areas.

Other interests: mentoring with the ITP and IET, volunteering with the Newman Holiday Trust, swimming, squash and racketball.
  • Dave - welcome to the SSA Community. Thanks for sharing your interests and career history with the community members.  I look forward to meeting you at one of our events in the future and hope that you will continue to engage online with the community as well.

Regards

Deborah.