This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Can a robot pass a university entrance exam?

I watched this video earlier and thought it raised some interesting questions around humans and AI.

We have always been told that it's only our menial jobs that may be at risk of being 'taken' by robots. But is this really the case? As shown in the video below, artificial intelligence is now able to gather and communicate information to the same quality, and in some cases better than humans.

Is this something we need to worry about? Maybe we should consider slowing the development of AI? Or perhaps we should up our game, focus on our education and ensure that humans become less indispensible?

What are your thoughts on this? Let me know in the comments below!

• Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Hi Gemma,

I think ultimately it all comes down to what the AI is designed to do. For example you can take a piece a wood, turn it into a stick to help you walk up the hill. But take the same piece of wood turn into a pike and murder someone... Like any tool it is what you do with it and who uses it that makes the difference.

On humans being dispensable it may not be the case for a long time. We are the only ones able to say " I think therefore I am". We are conscious of who and what we are.

We are also able to be creative. I suppose you could argue that an AI designing a painting is going through the same processes humans go through when being creative (Taking in information and coming up with something new). The difference is that humans do not consciously analyse wholy the data gained through their experience to create something. You could say humans are able to unconsciously do conscious activities.

Olivier.