This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Engineering Forum technical showcase

Hi all,

My company (FTSE 250) is holding a forum, in Central London, focussing on our Engineering Strategy and future vision.

We are looking for a guest speaker who can showcase a piece of technology that we are likely to see being used in the built environment of the future.

For example, in the past we've had guests demonstrate Drone technology, which is now used to survey large estate.

I believe Robotics and Mechanics will become more and more ingrained in our civilian world - this would be chance for people to see it for the first time!

Please get in touch,

Amanpreet S. Jalif

07710 847 385.
  • Hello,

I retired last year after working for over 34 years in the ROV Industry - Remote Operated Vehicle - Industry used primarily in the Oil and Gas Industry. 

Just to give you a brief on this subject - ROVs are used extensively all over the world on Barges, ships, Oil Platforms and Drill Rigs.  They can be used to give an underwater view of subsea structures, for example inspecting the metalwork of rigs, hulls on ships, oil and gas subsea pipelines, they were even used in major oil and gas accidents such as the Piper Alpha disaster in 1988 to seek out bodies and equipment.

I could go on and on but it would take me a long time. If you wish more information please get in touch and we can discuss.

Kind Regards

Alexander Craig (Alex)