This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Quick Railway Quiz - for when you've got a few minutes to kill on a Friday

Another question for the weekend?  Answer posted on Monday at 9.30am.

215356e396f9003e2b61a0cfbf242c9c-huge-quiz.jpg

With about 2,000 trains pass through each day, which station is reportedly Europe's busiest station in terms of through daily rail traffic?

• Mmmm that's a good one Lynsay...

Is it Finsbury Park?
  • Clapham Junction? 
  • I was going to suggest Gare du Nord?  Only because whilst I'm planning a trip to Paris I realised what a rail hub this staiton is.

Happy travels!
  • Ooh, exciting this week.  More replies, all with different answers.  Keep guessing.

1f21ed16b2e0297481563ef722bc83fc-huge-light-bulb-1002783_640.jpg

• Well done to Yat Kit Michael Chung‍ and Maurice Poole‍ .  The answer is Clapham Junction.

Clapham Junction is reportedly Europe's busiest station in terms of through daily rail traffic.

The station is situated in the south west London borough of Wandsworth and as a result many routes from London's two busiest stations – Waterloo and Victoria – pass through its platforms.

It is estimated that each day about 2,000 trains pass through Clapham Junction, while during peak times 180 trains reportedly pass through the station each hour, 117 of which stop. All services from Waterloo are operated by South West Trains while many from Victoria are catered to by Southern and Gatwick Express.

Interchanges account for roughly 40% of all activities at the station.