This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Lynsay’s Interesting things I find as I am working on all things RS&N: 14th November – 20th November

Apologies for my late update for this week - I have been out and about with my Local Network and Technial Professional Networks, so this is me catching up!

Navy inducts 4 types of indigenously developed sonars
Times of India
Indian Navy has proposed to induct this SONAR on three of the Abhay class ... It is a life-saving alarm system designed to transmit sonar signals of a ...

Navy to Expand Sonar, Other Training off Northwest Coast
NBC Bay Area
The U.S. Navy has finalized a plan to expand sonar testing and other warfare training off the coasts of Washington, Oregon and northern California.

Tech Tuesday: International Space Station comes to Shell's Brent rescue
Energy Voice
Instead, a sonar sphere probe was created and tested in NASA's Neutral Buoyancy lab where a replica of the Brent pipe system was created. Manning ...

Q-53 Radar upgrade counters drone strikes
Defense Systems
Rick Herdoes, Q-53 radar system program director, said “Thanks to open architecture and flexible designs, with simple software modifications and ...

Air flow radar
Maritime Journal
A new radar system has been installed to help build up a picture of the complex flow patterns of wind through an offshore wind farm. DONG Energy ...

This Radar Could Finally Make Delivery Drones Legal
Inverse
Echodyne's radar is said to be able to track jet-sized objects from up to 3 kilometers away, while smaller drones can be monitored from a distance of ...

BAE Systems' adaptive radar countermeasures project moves to Phase 3
IHS Jane's 360
BAE Systems has been awarded a Phase 3 contract from the US Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) to continue developing ...

Four new satellites for the Galileo navigation system
Deutsche Welle
The European Union is one step further on its path towards building a civilian-controlled satellite navigation system. The new Galileo system is ...

CASA to delay deadline on new navigation system
The Australian
The aviation regulator is set to announce a massive backdown on the mandate to implement cripplingly expensive new air navigation systems in ...

FAA Releases Navigation Strategy for the National Airspace System
Flying Magazine
In recently released details for its Performance-Based Navigation (PBN) strategy for the airspace above the U.S., the FAA has provided insights into ...