This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

What would you like to see from the Power Systems and Equipment Network?

What would you like to see the Power Systems and Equipment Network deliver? Are there any hot topics of particular interest to you? Any activities you would like to see us run? We would very much like to hear your thoughts!
  • Good question.  

Get involved in the shaping of the PS&E community and Technical and Professional Network (TPN) and put your suggstions forward.
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    My name is Yusuf Abdulmumini. I live in Kaduna of Northern Nigeria.

My main interest is in Real-Time solutions for Power System ( Power System Monitoring and Simulation, Energy Management System, Intelligent Load Shedding and Substations) in Nigeria.

I am also interested in the purchase of Electrical Porcelain Insulators and its sale in Nigeria to make profit.

Sorry for not hearing from me for sometime.

Thank you.

Engr Y Abdulmumini (IET # 70717111)
  • Thank you very much Cyril and Yusuf for your suggestions. The PS&E TPN are always keen to hear from the wider community and will make note of your comments for future activities.
  • This is definitely a good way to harvest ideas.   The Control & Automation TPN organised a very successful event as a result of a discussion thread on our community.   Hope you get some useful suggestions from the community members - it certainly worked for us!
  • Hi Tawakal,

Are you able to provide a little bit more detail at all? Are there any areas of power systems in particular that you'd like us to run events and discussions on?
  • I'd like to see some guidance on the UK Grid Code, including subjects such as the following:

Can you meet grid code requirements by using different technologies at the same connection point?

What impact will a European Grid Code have on the UK?

The Pros and Cons of AC Vs DC transmission.

Thanks,

Bob.

• Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Greetings!

I would like to discuss best practices in using ETAP and issues pertaining to system study calculations.