This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Design for Manufacture & Assembly, DFMA

I keen to gauge Community interest in the well-established methodology of Design for Manufacture & Assembly, DFMA.

Declaration: I have more than 30 years experience of DFMA in durable-goods industries and know expertly how it is practiced and applied (and its benefits) in those industries - indeed I run a consulting firm that helps companies get the most out of it (DFMA), so I have more than a passing interest! But I am also really keen to share and pass on my accumulated knowledge, and as a recently-joined member of the IET, thought I might start here.

For info, I have detected increasing popularity of DFMA in the construction/building industry (or at least, the use of the acronym) and have posted a message in the relevant IET discussion groups.

I am therefore keen to hold discussions on DFMA, in whatever shape or form is expressed, and to gauge interest of the topic (DFMA) perhaps with a view to asking the IET to consider allowing me forming a community dedicated to subject. If you have an interest in such a community, do kindly let me know.