This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Hello, just introducing myself as a new member of this community/network

My name is Amarjit Dhillon and I'm an electronics engineer by background and training. I now work as a Chief Information Officer in the health and social care sector. I trained (a long time ago) in medical electronics and worked in the NHS for the early part of my career before moving across to a neurology devices and software developer/vendor and then to an anaesthesia equipment manufacturer. The intervening period of my career was spent in technology in the commercial sector and not associated with healthcare, before my return to the health sector in 2014.

For just over three years I have been leading organisational transformation which is underpinned by technology. My organisation focusses on delivering services for public health, substance misuse, mental health and learning disability. I hope to benefit by joining this network through learning about members views on topical subjects, attending talks or reading relevant material. I also hope to share some of my own thoughts or knowledge if it is of interest and use. My areas of interest span across technology and I am particularly interested in developing systems for decision support and deep analysis of multiple data, with the aim of improving service user outcomes.

Regards

Amarjit