This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Connections in Formula 1

Hi everyone,

A little bit of background, I am a volunteer for the IET in Victoria, Australia. The local IMechE committee and ourselves are trying to organise a technical talk with a representative from a travelling F1 team when they race in Melbourne this year. So far, directly contacting teams through other avenues has not been successful.

I am hoping that as part of the wider IET community, there will be someone in the Automotive & RTS TPM that has a contact they could put me in touch with to determine if this is feasible.

I appreciate your time and assistance.
  • Hi Evan

Re. your posting, I'll sound out members of the ARTS TPN Executive and TAP teams and see if they can suggest anyone you could contact.

Regards

Deborah
  • Hi Evan

One of the ARTS TPN volunteers has come back to me with the following comments:

"I can understand why the direct contact to teams hasn't resulted in a speaker. On a "flyaway" (a Grand Prix outside Europe) all the technical staff are particularly busy. I doubt whether any team would spare someone, particularly during preparation for the first race with a new car.

That being said, I did a couple of talks as CIO/IT Director of an F1 team in Sydney and Melbourne alongside the Australian Grand Prix, but I was there on behalf of a sponsor, HP.

A possible approach might be if any IET members in the Victoria branch work for a company which is an F1 sponsor (see team websites for the companies). In fact they may have been involved in identifying guests to be invited by their company for hospitality and therefore get contact through that route."

I'll let you know if any of the other ARTS volunteers are able to provide specific contacts.