This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Safety conferences, any recommendations ?

Do you have any recommendations for safety conferences that are happening in 2017?  Is there a conference that you attend every year that is the 'must attend' event for you?

Any recommendations that can  be made to the members of the IET FS TPN community?
  • I'm assuming we don't need to mention SCCS or other IET run events?

Although not being JUST about Functional Safety, the following may be of interest to some people:

1. Device Developer Conference (26th/27th April 2017, Camberidge)

www.device-developer-conference.co.uk/
      Cancelled.

• VDA QMC Automotive Sys (19th-21st June 2017, Berlin)

vda-qmc.de/.../

As per its title, very much an automotive-focussed conference, with ISO26262, MISRA and J3061 big topics.

• Vector UK Functional Safety Conference (27th/28th September 2017, Solihull)

vector.com/vu_conference_en.html

Although Day 1 tends to be a bit of a Vector sale pitch, Day 2 is more about the technology and developments.  As with many "safety" events, now also shifting into security.

• High Integrity Software (17th October 2017, Bristol)

http://his-2016.co.uk/

Despite the title, not just about software...

Note: I've been a speaker at all of these in recent years, and may well be again in 2017...
  • Thanks Andrew, this is a great start (it also gives me some ideas of when to avoid for the IET FS TPN events).

• Other events that might be of interest to some FS TPN members, not just those who are also BCS members, are the BCS SIGIST (Special Interest Group in Software Testing) Conferences.