This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Introduce yourself!

We've noticed a lot of new people joining this Community and we thought it would be great for us all to introduce ourselves.

Tell everybody who you are, what you do, who you would like to connect with and why you joined IET Volunteering on the Engineering Communities platform - what are you hoping to get out of it? 

This is a great way to learn more about volunteering at the IET and extend your professional network.
  • Hello sir/madam ,

Iam kannan.B having 10 years experience in Instrumentation and Control Design engineering.

I have worked for the companies Oil tech engineering , Schlumberger, Larsen and Toubro, Exxon Mobil, Neste Jacobs.

Expertise in  Basic/Detail engineering , Field engineering , SIL verfication, LOPA, Hazop , SIL determination , FTA , Control system etc.

iam Holding TUV SUD Funtional Safety Professional license to perform SIL Analysis for Instrumentation/control system.

My hobbies are playing cricket, reading books, Playing Shuttle etc.

Keep in touch for any volunteering and for the presentation.

regards,

kannan

• Hello all,

I like to join volunteering community to share my knowledge with others and if possible i can also learn new things from others.

regards,

kannan
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Hello Kannan,

Thank you for introducing yourself in your posts.

I will send you an email with regards to joining our volunteering community.

With kind regards,

Jo

Volunteer Support Unit - the IET
    Dear Sir/Madam, 

I am Rajesh Pindoriya Ph. D. research scholar. 

Currently I am doing Ph. D. on "Design and Implemetation of Sensorless PMSM Drives for Naval Applications", at Indian Indian Institute Mandi, Mandi, Himachal Pradesh, India.

My research areas are Power Electronics Converters, Electrical Drives, Special Electrical Motors, and Renewable Energy. 

I would like to joing Volunteer for share my experience and knowledge with others. As well as gain knowledge from community.

Thanks and regards,

Rajesh
    Hi!

My name is Carlos Mello.

I currently work at Siemens Healthineers as Field Service Engineer.

I'm forwarding registration to EngTech.

I volunteer in social projects with young graduates.

kind regards
  • Hello All,

It's great to see such a diversity of talent interested in supporting the IET!  If any of your aren't currently involved with us, but are interested to join in, please take a look at the possibilities on the Get Involved area of our Volunteer Gateway - www.theiet.org/.../index.cfm 

We're happy to answer any questions you may have and to help you become one of the team.

Sandra

Volunteer Support Unit
  • Hello everyone

It is a nice initiative indeed to give an opportunity to introduce ourselves.

I am Dr. Suresh Vishwakarma, Senior Electrical Engineer from Vancouver, Canada. I have degree in electrical engineering, MBA, Advance Certificate in Power Distribution Management, and PhD in power management. I am working with electric utility sector for past 30 years. Prior to immigrating to Canada in 2012, I have worked for 13 years for the public utility company in Rep. of Seychelles (Indian Ocean), and 12 years for the largest electric utility in India.

I have many conference presentations, journal publications, and power magazine articles on engineering as well as management topics to my credit. I have widely travelled to North America, Europe, and Africa mainly to present my research work.

I am the Vice Chairman of Chartered Engineers Pacific (formerly Western Canada Group of Chartered Engineers) in Vancouver, serving over 800 Chartered Engineer members. I am the IET Representative for the Local Network for the past two years. Apart from identifying technical presenters for Chartered Engineers Pacific and coordinating IET’s activities in the region throughout the year, I also organize PATW events in Vancouver. I mentor Chartered Engineer aspirants in western Canada and intend to organize IET information events at local schools. I was nominated to participate in IET’s Americas CVC 2017 held in Orlando.

I endeavour my best to increase IET’s contribution and visibility in Americas.

Sincerely

Dr. Suresh Vishwakarma

P.Eng., CEng, MIET, MIE, MBA, PhD, MISTD

Vancouver, Canada
    Hello Suresh,

Thank you very much for your great introduction!

Jo
  • Thank a lot Jo. Let us remain in communication. You can access more details of Western Canada LN at www.charteredengineerspacific.ca

Regards

Dr. Suresh Vishwakarma
    Dear Suresh,

Thank you and yes, please keep in touch.

Kind regards

Jo