This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

What have you learned in lockdown?

Like a great many of you, the IET staff are currently learning new skills and ways of working during these unprecedented times.

A large number of our members have got in touch to let us know that they are still pursuing professional registration, are seeking opportunities for development or making use of our great online resources (be that the member discounted IET Academy courses, the technical webinars, the digital library or the Faraday resources for home education).

So, what have you been doing to keep your brain active, to keep up to date or what have you been learning during this lockdown?  It would be great to see some of the ideas from the community.
  • I have a permanent office based job. That can easily be carried out at another location. Keep in contact with your team. Including social events, these are very important to replace the informal discussions that take place in an office environment. I have just been Furloughed make sure your skills are kept up to date. Lots of teleconferencing facilities. Use them

• Some great lessons there, Kevin Field‍ 

For me, keeping in touch with my team has been a lifeline as well as the contact and support from the members that we work with.
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    The company I work for does lots of internal training content and have recently done a corporate deal for online learning platforms such as Linkedin Learning and Udemy. We've also have O'Reilly subscription available for sometime which now also includes video content.

We've probably got too much data and not enough time for training and development.