This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Institute of Acoustics CPD?

Hi

Is anyone in the community using the IET Career Manager to record their CPD activities for the Institute of Acoustics?

Sue
  • Hi,

I use it and also export to Word from it.

Regards,

Paul
  • Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply.

Do you have any issues using an IET CPD log with the IOA? I’m about to apply for membership of the IOA, and as I need to submit a 3 year CPD log, I am wondering whether it is best to use the IOA format, the IET format, or a combination of the two! I’ve started in the IET Career Manager, so I am hoping I can continue with that.

• I'm not involved with the IOA,  so I can't comment on that front.

The IET Career Manager is rather clunky but functional. I use  it OK and the fact that you can export all your records to Word is very useful.

Regards
  • Hi Sue,

Did you find a way forward with your CPD recording using Career Manager?  I would be interested to hear if you have worked out how you can use it for the IOA and IET requirements.

Regards,

Kathryn
  • Hi Kathryn,

As I needed to update the last 3 years of CPD in one go, I ended up using the IOA format as it was much easier.

I still have to take a view as to whether I continue with the IOA or IET format going forward, although I'll probably end up with the IOA format, as it is already compulsory to submit annual CPD logs to them to maintain membership.

Sue