This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Diesel to Hybrid and Electric - Transitioning the Technology

Diesel to Hybrid and Electric - Transitioning the Technology

Hi,

I work for a well-established power systems company.  We supply, repair and overhaul diesel engines, drive lines and transmissions for a wide variety of applications (on-off highway, marine, on-site power to name a few).

Being an electrically-biased engineer, my strategic focus is on planning the integration towards the future technologies - ie - take the business from diesel/gas powered towards hybrid and electric in the sectors we cover; not a simple undertaking, however...

The main issue I perceive is bringing in the right products which are complimentary to our existing market sectors, supporting these products with trained technicians and to anticipate the maintenance and overhaul CAPEX in the necessary tooling and equipment.

The transport policies which drive the need for migration will expect targets for emissions/air quality and fuel efficiency to be met, so are there any grants available for R&D which is required to bring on the future technologies?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Rob