This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Welcome and Introduce yourself

Welcome to the Cyber Security discussion page on Engineering Communities!

This is a thread to introduce yourself to your fellow network members. We’d love to hear more about you so here are a few questions to start you off:

Name:
Brief career history:
What interests you about cyber security:
Other interests:
  • Good evening, I have retired but before retiring I was a CLAS (CESG Listed Advisory Scheme) Consultant. I gather that this scheme has been closed which I feel is a pity. Does anyone have any comments as to how this service is being provided now?
  • Hello everyone 

I'm a PRI and about to join the Fellow Policy Committee. Looking forward to the discussions.

Ian

• Richard Hughes:

Good evening, I have retired but before retiring I was a CLAS (CESG Listed Advisory Scheme) Consultant. I gather that this scheme has been closed which I feel is a pity. Does anyone have any comments as to how this service is being provided now?

Thanks for introducing yourself Richard!

According to Wikipedia (perhaps not the best source!) CCP is now the only approved credential, so worth looking into.

Hopefully someone on this discussion board will be able to help you, but I would also suggest joining the IET Information and Communications Sector where you will reach a wider audience who may be able to help with your query
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Hello,

I am a member of the Army Cyber Protection Team, I am also a student at Cranfield University currently doing a research project. My research topic is on Cyber Threat Hunting. l am looking forward to the all cyber related discussions. I am also very much interested to hear from practitioners currently conducting threat hunting in their networks.

Charles
  • Good Afternoon,

Im Scott and I am currently an Information Services Manager. My other roles include Information Technology Security Officer, Information Manager and I am the lead for our Distributed Cyber Protection Team.

I have a keen interest in defensive cyber operations as well as network monitoring and performance (IDS, IPS, WAN accelleration and packet shaping).

I am relatively new to the field of cyber security and I am always looking for opportunities to improve my knowledge and skills with courses, seminars, webinars etc.
  • Thanks to everyone for contributing to the thread! For new members to the community, come and introduce yourself here so we can find out more about you! yes
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Hello I work in cyber security and have an interest in industrial security controls.

• Welcome to all the new members, who joined in the last month!

Campbell Hayden‍ 
    Richard St Mart‍ 
    David Pearson‍ 
    Nik Sultana‍ 
    'Matjaka Ketsi‍ 
    Oliver O'Sullivan‍ 
    Jim Zubov‍ 
    Alex Barrett‍ 
    Paul Lewis‍ 
    Amit Chatterjee‍ 
    Philip Brown‍ 
    Colin Martin‍ 
    Pedro Osorio‍ 
    Daksh Gupta‍ 
    Martin Hawley‍ 
    Sam Mottley‍ 

9010939feeece9080098285d71343aea-huge-welcome-image-3.jpg

• OK then, I'm Alex (obviously), I've been a design consultant for over 25 years, mainly circuits and boards but can't avoid getting involved in that nasty stuff called software. I'm also the secretary of the Anglian Coastal local network since the Dark Ages.
  • Welcome to everyone who has joined the community in the last 2 weeks! laugh yes

John Holmes
    Omokolade Ogunleye‍ 
    Martin Gale‍ 
    Anil Sood‍ 

Anthony Plank‍ 
    Ipyana David Maseko‍ 
    Dipen Patel