This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

David McQuiggan, an introduction for the IET SoCal LN

While I've been living in Los Angeles for almost 25 years, I obtained my BSc. in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from the University of Bath in England and my Masters from Yale University in Connecticut. . My early career was spent at Marconi Avionics (later acquired by BAE Systems and now SAS Selex and part of Finmecanica) developing forward looking infra-red (FLIR) thermal imaging surveillance systems. I have diverse experience in photonics and thin film technologies with over 15 years experience in the flat-panel display industry and almost five years in distributed fiber-optic array sensing systems for maritime surveillance, perimeter securirty, seismology, wellbore and reservoir monitoring and wind turbine blade monitoring applications. Other experience includes development projects in 3D digital projection, digital image reproduction and alternative energy projects in wind turbines, and the design of solar thermal collector and photovoltaic power generation systems. In my spare time, I coach a student led competitive robotics team and volunteer for three charities, the IET, AYSO and FIRST. If you wish to connect via MyCommunity or just curious about my social media feeds, blogs, and other MyCommunity activities visit my MyCommunity User Profile.