This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

SoCal Feedback & Ideas

As a Local Network we need your ideas and opinions on what we should do more of, what we should do less of and anything else that we as a Local Network should be doing to help make us successful.

​What would you like us to do to help meet you needs as an IET member or guest at our events?
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    I'm new to this side of the country and it took me a while to get involved with the community here (mainly because I hadn't thought of looking!), but I think a routine meet up might have helped. Maybe a social every month or couple of months for brunch?

Gav

P.S. Yes, I know using brunch in this context suggests that I am going native.
  • Hi Gavin,

​In past years we have tried to have an event every other month, this years challenge is lots of people hot on talk, cold on confirmation. We have three people who have offered to do talks (including myself) that we need to schedule, book a location and get on the events calendar. We have tried to do social events (normally at a brewery) however the interest hasn't been there.

​We will normally hold events at the weekend (which will clash with family events) as we get higher attendance than during the week (when traffic means people will not travel). If you want to suggest a time / date for a brunch etc I will happily advertise it to the members.

Regards

​Richard